The pansy is finished but the assembly didn't go that well.
Here are the finishing directions with my actions after them.
Cut a piece of millinery wire 5 inches long. I cut a piece of floral wire 5 inches long.
Bend 1/2 inch of each end back. I don't know why but I still bent each end back 1/2 inch.
Wind green around wire to cover it. The wire is green so I skipped this.
Sew one end to back of flower. If I do that how do I get the calyx on since the wires are bent? I waited to do this.
Run a thread through the 5 pieces of calyx 1/4 inch from the end, draw tightly together and sew securely. Push stem through center of calyx. If I draw it tightly together how will I push the stem through the center of it? I unbent the "top" and poked the wire through the calyx somehow and then put the flower through it and bent the wire back down through it. Then I sort of sewed the calyx to the flower and wrapped the remaining green thread around the wire and sewed the leaves to that.
Then I took a picture that hid most of the stray threads and then I threw it away.
I did work on the chair a little bit yesterday. I measured all of the pieces and made detailed measurements of the seat back. I'm ready to make a muslin version. I just need to find some upholstery buttons to cover and a 12 inch needle to sew those in.
I'm from Minnesota and have been crocheting since 2003. I inherited a box full of Workbasket Magazines from my mother-in-law and became obsessed with the vintage patterns. I'm a member of Crochet Twin Cities, the local Crochet Guild.