It's been a few weeks since I've given an update on the chair. Two weeks ago, my sister and niece helped me pick out some fabric at SR Harris and I managed to get a test piece that fit the back. Last week I finished sewing the front of the back with the real fabric. I tried and failed to do my own buttons but found someone a few miles from me that whipped them up in her garage for $5.
Here's where we are now:
It's a little crooked and I need to get twine for the buttons but it's coming along ok. I left out the pillow top because I know my sewing machine won't handle that many layers of this fabric on the top piece and it seemed a little more complicated. Hopefully next week I'll have some twine so I can get the buttons on and some tack strips for the back of the back.
I'm from Minnesota and have been crocheting since 2003. I inherited a box full of Workbasket Magazines from my mother-in-law and became obsessed with the vintage patterns. I'm a member of Crochet Twin Cities, the local Crochet Guild.