Today I added the lining and the tassel. The lining is one piece of Star Wars fabric folded in half, sewn up the sides and with the top hemmed. Sewing it in was a challenge...my hand sewing skills are a little rusty and it's pretty uneven.
My first tassel did not turn out well. The directions said to wrap the thread around a 2 inch piece of cardboard 70 times. I tried to do it half black and half white but 70 rounds made a pretty thick tassel and didn't look quite right.
I tried it in just black and wrapped the thread around 40 times. This time it worked much better. Here's the finished purse!
What I learned:
On Monday I'll post the two choices for May on here and on Instagram. We'll be moving ahead in time a few years.
I'm from Minnesota and have been crocheting since 2003. I inherited a box full of Workbasket Magazines from my mother-in-law and became obsessed with the vintage patterns.